Evening all. We are in the thick of it now! You did see the Treasure Watch right? Here it is again. Gold or Silver. You can choose the hoard (or we can) that gets engraved on the case back. Only 29 watches in total, so do hurry! It is online now. https://schofieldwatchcompany.com/watches/
2. There were some video interviews taken at the WatchPro Salon. I honestly cannot bear to watch more than 1 minute of myself so I cannot vouch for quality Schofield content. If you are game here are two links. The first by our good friends at Kibble Watches and another from our Brighton based chum Paul Thorpe.
3. Here is the Treasure Watch case back again. A gold coin sits behind the x shaped aperture, marking a gold-plated ETA movement beneath. Now how about this for awesomeness? No.2 Treasure Watch is marked ‘Frank’s Casket’ (sold) which is a whale bone (not whalebone) box – an actual treasure box with an enigmatic history, covered in Anglo-Saxon runes, one section bears the inscription ‘Fisc Flodu’ which translates as rivers and mountains. You can see this inscription engraved on the case back as well as a river, mountains, clouds, sun and moon and the stars above. But this phrase uses alliterative verse which means that when the F-rune and G-rune (x) are alliterated then the secret meaning is treasure or wealth! Because the treasure is in a box then it means treasure hoard or perhaps treasure gift! Oh! The relevance is too good. This design is featured on every Treasure Watch case back – it is only the number and hoard that is different across the 29 watches. Frank’s Casket is pictured below.
We have not had a poem for a while. This is the famous Fenn’s treasure poem. There are 9 clues as to the treasure location. An amazing story with too many lives lost in the hunt.
As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.
Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.
From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is drawing ever nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.
If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.
So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.
So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.
Christmas stuff, a list of stuff we have or will shortly.
- Michael Morris X Schofield Ladyfinger knives
- Schofield Straps, new ones coming early Jan now so a voucher could work?
- Pill pots coming to the Buoys Club
- Pre-orders on the Small Wall Clock
- P-2 in various colours and choice of fountain pen or roller ball
- Fish Guts ink
- New, better notebooks
- UV-1. Arguably the best UV/watch-lovers torch ever made
6. Let’s finish with two nice emails I got this week.
…just a quick email to let you know that the B4 arrived safe and sound early this morning, and what a thing of beauty it is. You and team Schofield must be rightly proud of your craftsmanship and care in making such a sophisticated, modern timepiece. There’s so much thought and skill in every element of the presentation from the organic cotton storage bag to the smell of the wood as you open the box. The watch itself feels resilient on the wrist, the blue dial a lovely contrast against the bronze case. Thank you again for making such a beautiful watch, something I will always treasure…
…received my B4, wow, what a stunner in person! I definitely had high expectations to start with but it’s absolutely exceeding them. The exact tones of blue in the dial are just mesmerising. And a perfect complement to the patinated bronze. Every detail is just exceptional… I love the strap!!! Well, I just can’t stop looking down at it. So beautiful. Thanks so much, I feel honoured to own one of your watches!…
SCHOFIELD TREASURE WATCH PRESS RELEASE