The Daymark is a hollow octagonal tower of limestone built in 1864 by the Dartmouth Harbour Commissioners. At 80 feet high it is an Aid to Navigation (the first name of the watch that would become the Signalman) to help mariners find entrance to the River Dart. The Daymark is essentially a lighthouse without a light! A perfect name for our new watch. The place itself is beautiful, high on the headland above Kingswear, a bleak landscape devoid of trees with this menacing black tower which looks to me as if it has it’s fingers in the earth, anchoring it in harsh weather.
The new Daymark watch is a Swiss automatic, ETA 2824 powered 3 hander. 44mm diameter, single part vapour blast case with an exhibition case back.
Here are some details.
- The word ‘Schofield’ replaces 9 minute marks on the chapter ring
- The hour markers in the chapter ring are pink anodised ‘top hats’ filled with Super-LumiNova C3 that catch the light adding to the mix of textures employed
- All the parts of the hands and the windows line up when overlapping
- The second hand tapers towards the tip and the counterpoise
- The second hand counterpoise is filled with lume
- Only the word ‘Daymark’ appears on the dial
- The case has a new nail rebate for pulling out the crown
- The crown has a groove for your nails to grip to pull out
- The case has a slight radius on the outer edge of the bezel
- The box is black-stained ash and is ash for good reason
- Case – Vapour-blasted stainless steel
- Dimensions – 44mm diameter base, 42mm bezel, 15.1mm high
- Weight – 134 grams with strap
- Colour – Silver
- Crown – Push in, machine finish stainless steel, engraved
- Dial – Raised chapter ring, flat dial, luminescent markers
- Hands – laddered baton, Super-LumiNova C3
- Movement – ETA 2824
- Power reserve – 38 hours
- Functions – Hours, minutes, seconds
- Case back – Stainless steel, engraved exhibition window, sapphire
- Crystal – Sapphire
- Water resistance – 200m
- Strap – You choose
- Strap bars – Stainless, vapour-blasted
- Buckle – Brushed stainless steel, engraved
- Warranty – 2 years
- Box – Black ash
Tag: German made watches.
If you are having trouble checking out or feel uncomfortable using online shopping carts, then please get in touch by email or phone.
Office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday – Fridayshop@schofieldwatchcompany.com
Our offices are based just north of Brighton, Sussex, on the South coast of England. Please email us if you need the full address.
All of the social media site below are full of Schofield content and more. Please take a look to 'like', pin, tweet, fancy and share.
The Daymark has the same case dimensions as our Signalman watch but is made from one piece of metal. The crown is a pull out type and here you can see the nail notch, a rebate milled under the crown. There is also a deep groove running around the crown for the purpose of putting your nails into to pull the crown out. This groove indicates the ‘affordance’, the action required of the crown, teeth to show rotation and the groove to show pulling in and out.
A note on the Daymark characteristics and care: The stainless steel case will mark and scratch over time, especially around the square edge bezel. This is normal and expected. Please visit our servicing page for more information.
Schofield watch straps are available in two sizes; regular and long.
Medium/average wrists are covered with both sizes.
The regular sized watch straps are 110mm on the non buckle side and 75 on the buckle side. The long straps are 115mm on the non buckle side and 90mm on the buckle side.
If your wrists are less than 19cm (7.5 inches) in circumference then we suggest you choose a regular length strap. If your wrists are more than 19cm (7.5 inches) in circumference then we suggest a long strap. If your wrists are approximately 19cm in circumference then a longer strap will give more of a tail; most guys opt for a regular sized watch strap with a shorter tail.
When you purchase a Schofield wrist watch please email us your strap size and/or note it in the message box at the checkout.